Your Safety First
Elite Coach is committed to your safety during this time. Here is some helpful information regarding what Elite Coach is doing in response to the potential spread of the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). Rest assured that at Elite Coach, safety remains our most important priority, and we continue to monitor and upgrade our processes and procedures based on CDC guidelines.
A few notes about our standard procedures for keeping our fleet clean and comfortable 365 days a year:
- The cabin air systems in each bus are equipped with Ultra-Violet Light filters that kill 99% of virus and bacteria, and air is completely exchanged with clean fresh air every five minutes.
- All buses are thoroughly cleaned inside and out prior to departing on EVERY trip.
- Cleaning procedures include cleaning floors, seats, overhead compartments, lavatory, and other areas with appropriate and safe cleaning supplies.
- Hospital grade disinfectant is used in lavatories and other appropriate areas.
- Hard surfaces are wiped down and cleaned.
- Extra cleaning supplies are kept in each bus to assist drivers in keeping the bus clean during trips.
What we are doing to enhance our processes as a result of COVID-19 and CDC guidelines:
- Our cleaning protocols have been enhanced and cleaning crews are receiving additional training. Protocols include paying strict attention to the cleanliness of the buses, and spending extra time wiping down hard surfaces like handrails and armrests, among others with hospital grade disinfectant.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed between the driver area and passenger area.
- Extra hand sanitizer dispensers are installed in the entrance area of each bus for passenger use upon boarding and disembarking.
In order to provide safe travel, Elite Coach is asking group leaders to communicate and ensure the following items with their passengers:
- Maintain social distancing while boarding and disembarking.
- Fill seats from Back to Front when boarding
- Disembark from Front to Back
- Do not congregate in the aisles
- Passengers should remain seated and facing forward while traveling
Elite Coach is a member of several industry associations, including the International Motorcoach Group and the American Bus Association (ABA). ABA is working closely with industry partners including the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization, FEMA and others to monitor the situation and provide updated guidance as appropriate.