Elite Coach is currently seeking applicants for a full-time Tour Planner in our Group Tours department. This position works with group leaders to create and operate fun, interesting, and exciting tours for groups. Tours are primarily domestic motorcoach tours that include both day trips from the Central Pennsylvania area as well as regional overnight and multi-day tours.
This is a challenging position that requires the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Elite Coach is a growing company that values team members with the desire to learn and grow with us.
Perform all duties and responsibilities of tour sales and planning. This position sees the tour planning and administrative process from beginning to end. Work with customers and vendors to plan, arrange and operate single and multi-day tours.
- Develop proposals and work with existing and new group leaders to customize and book tours
- Assist group leaders in selling tours to members of their group by offering direction, guidance, and ideas
- Be familiar with destinations, attractions, and tour operating procedures to create workable tour itineraries
- Ability to map out timing of tour components
- Work with group leaders to fine-tune tour itineraries and meet specifications
- Perform administrative functions in booking all tour components
- Track deposits and final payments from customers and to vendors
- Be familiar with vendor contract terms and conditions and ensure vendors are paid in a timely manner
- Work with dispatch, drivers, receptive services, and group leaders as necessary to ensure smooth operation of each tour
- Ambitious, inquisitive, and humble, with a positive attitude
- Effective task management: Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Attentive to details
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with group leaders, vendors, and co-workers to accomplish goals
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Sufficient math skills to calculate margins and tour pricing components
Education and Experience Level:
- Minimum of four years in an office environment and/or administrative experience
- Minimum of four years of customer service experience
- Experience in the tour and travel industry is preferred, but not required
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including medical insurance, HSA, a retirement plan with company match, paid time off and holidays, great company culture, and opportunities for growth. If you value honesty, integrity, and teamwork, we want to talk with you! Please click the Get Started Now link.