Group Tour Planner Position at Elite Coach
Elite Coach is currently seeking applicants for a full-time tour planning position in our group tour department. This position works with group leaders and pre-formed groups to create and operate fun, interesting, and exciting tours for groups. Tours are primarily domestic motorcoach tours that include both day trips from the central PA area as well as overnight and multi-day tours.
This is a challenging position that requires the ability to manage multiple detailed tasks and work in a fast paced environment. Elite Coach is a growing company that values team members with the desire to learn and grow with us.
Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM.
Elite Coach is a growing family owned company established in 1991. Benefits package includes health benefits, retirement account, paid holidays and vacation. Pay commensurate with experience.
Job Description Summary
Work with customers and vendors to plan, arrange and operate single and multi-day tours. This position essentially sees the tour planning and administrative process through from beginning to end.
- Be familiar with destinations, attractions, and tour operating procedures.
- Be familiar with geography, routes and timing of tour components.
- Use knowledge to effectively create and customize fun, interesting, and workable tour itineraries.
- Work with group leaders and fine tune tour itineraries to meet group leader specifications.
- Develop proposals and work with existing and new group leaders to customize and book tours.
- Assist group leaders in selling tours to members of their group by offering direction, guidance and ideas to the group leaders.
- Price tours using established guidelines to maximize tour profitability
- Perform administrative functions as necessary.
- Book all tour components
- Be familiar with vendor contract terms and conditions and ensure vendors are paid in a timely manner.
- Track payments from customers to ensure money is received when due.
- Work with dispatch, drivers, receptive services, and group leaders as necessary to ensure smooth operation of each tour.
- Minimum of 4 years in an office environment and/or administrative experience.
- Minimum of 4 years customer service or travel/tourism experience.
- Experience in the tour and travel industry preferred, but not required.
- High School diploma or equivalent and minimum of 5 years administrative experience.
- Associates degree or higher.
- Effective task management: Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with group leaders, vendors and co-workers to accomplish goals.
- Computer Skills:
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows environment.
- Type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Sufficient math skills to calculate margins and tour pricing components.
- Map reading skills and ability to accurately calculate travel times.
If you feel this opportunity meets your career goals, forward your resume with cover letter stating salary requirements to:
Elite Coach 1685 West Main Street, Ephrata, PA 17522. Attn: Human Resources
An Equal Opportunity Employer